4. Business Hosting
4.1 Acceptable Usage
You and your end users must abide by the terms of our Acceptable Use Policy. This includes the prevention of spam, fraud, breach of intellectual property rights, privacy breaches and other illegal activities.
You must at all times comply with law. You will be in breach of this policy on violation of state, federal or international laws. It is not acceptable to use our service(s) to:
- Violate copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- Illegally store, use or distribute software; transmit threatening, obscene or offensive materials
- Engage in electronic ‘stalking’ or other forms of harassment such as using abusive or aggressive language
- Misrepresent or defame others
- Commit fraud
- Gain unauthorised access to any computing, information, or communications devices or resources, including but not limited to any machines accessible via the Internet
- Damage, modify or destroy the files, data, passwords, devices or resources of Net Solutions, other users or third parties
- Engage in misleading or deceptive on-line marketing practices;
- Conduct any business or activity or solicit the performance of any activity that is prohibited by law
- Make an unauthorised transmission of confidential information or material protected by trade secrets
- “Spam” or engage in “spamming” activities
- Engage obscene speech or materials, this includes, advertising, transmitting, storing, posting, displaying or otherwise making available; child pornography, offensive sexual content or materials or any other obscene speech or material
- Post or transmit defamatory, harassing, abusive or threatening language
- Create, distribute or provide information/data regarding internet viruses, worms, Trojan horses, pinging, flooding, mail-bombing or denial of service attacks;
- Facilitating a violation of this Acceptable Use Policy
- Perform any other action through utilization of any service which we deem unsatisfactory
- Attempt to do any of the above
4.2 Resource Usage
All hosting plans are subject to general resource and usage monitoring. Any action or process that consumes resources beyond a reasonable level and thus degrading the shared environment for other users is expressly prohibited.
The hosting service plans disk space pertains only to files required for the normal operation of your website, and which are linked to in that website. Our cPanel
hosting plans are expressly prohibited from use as an online file repository.
Any site that uses greater than 89,000 inodes (every file on your hosting account uses 1 inode), or that create file system damage by the rapid creation of large volumes of files, will be subject to review and possible suspension.
4.3 Software Installations
The client will need to make sure that all their software, web apps/scripts are maintained correctly on their account. If software is not maintained correctly the risks of being hacked or compromised will increase. Always run the latest version software and perform periodic (daily/weekly) updates as required to mitigate the risk of being hacked. If you don't perfform periodic updates to your software for a long time (> 3 months) the probability of being hacked is very high.
Once your site has been hacked, hackers can:
- Hijack your usernames and passwords
- Steal your money and open credit card and bank accounts in your name
- Use your website or email to launch illegal activities
- Request new account Personal Identification Numbers (PINs) or additional credit cards
- Add themselves or an alias that they control as an authorized user so it’s easier to use your credit
- Obtain cash advances
- Use and abuse your Social Security number
- Sell your information to other parties who will use it for illicit or illegal purposes
- Sell your clients information to other parties who will use it for illicit or illegal purposes
4.4 cPanel Hosting Service Addons
All cPanel hosting services have a number of supplementary services called Addons. Addons are billed separate to your cPanel Hosting Service and can be purchased at the time of ordering your cPanel Hosting service, or part way through.
Addons cannot be purchased and delivered in retrospect. i.e You cannot purchase Automated Remote Offsite Backups part way through and expect to have backups prior to the date they were ordered.
4.5 Backups & Restores
It is the clients’ sole responsibility to ensure they have a backup of all data and files including but not limited to MySQL databases and files. Backup and Restore functions can be managed via your control panel (cPanel). The client should always maintain a recent copy of all data at all times as Net Solutions will not be liable for websites that have been compromised, hacked or corrupted. The client should be prepared to upload the data via the cPanel to their account from a local copy.
For our own disaster recovery purposes, Net Solutions will take periodic backups (server snapshots) of all hosting servers, daily, weekly and monthly. Individual account backups can be extracted from these backups for an additional fee. Should the client request Net Solutions to restore or supply an account backup from our server snapshots the request must be submitted via the Client Area and a fee of $88 per 8GB of storage (or part of depending on your plan) will apply.
Net Solutions also offers Automated Remote Offsite Backups as an Addon service to your hosting account. In this instance a backup of your hosting accounts is taken on a daily basis and rotated daily (7 days), weekly (4 weeks) and monthly (3 months). The client may request an account to be restored from our backup systems by raising a service request via the Client Area. Three (3) restores per year are provided free of charge, and subsequent restores are billed at $66.
4.6 Service Suspension or Cancellation
Your service will be suspended or terminated if you breach any of the Acceptable Usage terms as per 4.1.
Your service will be suspended if the payment for your service is not received within seven (7) days of the due date. Your service will be terminated if the payment for your service is not received within fourteen (14) days of the due date.
You can cancel your service as per 7. Termination
Once a service has been terminated all data for that service will be deleted and will be unrecoverable.
4.7 Additional Fees
You agree to accept additional charges for the transit of IP traffic above and beyond the amount specified as a limit in any Service plan. All excess data will be charged at the rate of 5.5c/MB to the nearest whole MB. These charges will fall due at the completion of the calendar month on normal trading terms of 14 days from invoice. Net Solutions will provide an online interface allowing authorised users to monitor website data traffic.