We are pleased to announce our partnership with CloudFlare.
We have chosen CloudFlare as a partner as they have developed an effective yet simple solution which protects and accelerates websites. Once your website is a part of the CloudFlare community, your users will experience faster page load-times and improved performance.
What is CloudFlare?
CloudFlare is a CDN (Content Delivery Network) with a security layer.
CDN is a collection of servers which are distributed across many global locations to deliver your website content faster and more efficiently to your users. Depending on the users location, CDN selects the server which is nearest to the user and loads your website content from that server.
It works in conjunction with your existing hosting service and caches static content for your site. This lowers the number of requests to your servers. There are several advantages in using the CloudFlare system.
Advantages of the CloudFlare system:
- Site Performance Improvement: CloudFlare has proxy servers located throughout the world. Proxy servers are located closer to your users, which means they will likely see page load speed improvements as the cached content is delivered from the closest caching box instead of directly from our server. There is a lot of research which shows that the faster the site, the longer a visitor stays
- Bot and Threat Protection: CloudFlare uses data from Project Honey Pot and other third party sources, as well as the data from its community to identify malicious threats online and stop the attacks before they get to your site. You can see which threats are being stopped through your CloudFlare dashboard https://www.cloudflare.com/your-websites.html.
- Spam Comments Protection: CloudFlare leverages data from third party resources to reduce the number of spam comments on your site
- Alerting Visitors of Infected Computers: CloudFlare alerts human visitors that have an infected computer that they need to take action to clean up the malware or virus on their machine
- Offline Browsing Mode: In the event that your server is unavailable, visitors should still be able to access your site since CloudFlare serves the visitor a page from its cache
- Lower CPU Usage: As fewer requests hit our server, this lowers the overall CPU usage of your account
- New Site Stats: You have good tools to evaluate human traffic coming to your site, but no insight into search engine crawlers and threats. With CloudFlare, now you do.
How does it work?
CloudFlare powered websites see a significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. People view your site through an accelerated path that uses the shared security knowledge of thousands of other sites to automatically detect and block malicious traffic.
The end result being that your pages load faster and are more secure.