All webmasters want high search engine rankings to list their site on top of search engines search result pages. There are hundreds of sources providing information about search engine optimization to drive more site traffic. Google just made it simpler to master these SEO techniques.
Google webmaster tools has released an official Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide that covers many areas that webmasters might consider optimizing to get better Google ranking and indexing. Here is the index of contents that should interest you.
- Create unique and accurate page titles
- Make use of the ‘description’ meta tag
- Improve the structure of your URL’s
- Make your site easier to navigate
- Offer quality content and services
- Write better anchor texts
- Use heading tags appropriately
- Optimize your use of images
- Making effective use of Robots.txt
- Be aware of ‘nofollow’ tags for links
- Promoting your website in the right ways
- Make use of free webmaster tools
- Take advantage of web analytics services
Download the Official Google SEO Started guide (.pdf) today and see what Google expects from your site structure and functionality.